Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. Prior to carrying out any work on your vehicle we will ask if you have read our T&Cs.
- 1.1 These Terms and Conditions are incorporated into the contract between Autoscreen Masters (AM) and the customer (you) for the provision of the services (“the contract”), including but not limited to, the orders excepted by AM in relation to the services.
- 1.2 Any variation to these Terms and Conditions will need to be expressly agreed in writing and signed by an authorised representative of AM.
2. Our client relationships
- 2.1 The contract made for any contracted work is legally binding and you are responsible for full and prompt payment upon request.
- 2.2 By instructing us to carry out work on the vehicle you are stating you are the authorised owner of the vehicle and it is within your power to ask us to undertake said work.
- 2.3 Should you not be the registered keeper of the vehicle but you instruct us to carry out works you are expressly accepting responsibility for doing so. You agree not to hold us accountable for any losses, costs, or damages incurred by the registered owner.
- 2.4 In all cases the person instructing us to undertake work is solely responsible for the payment.
3. Standards of work and liability
- 3.1 Glass may crack beyond repair during the process of attempting a repair. In this instance our technicians will not be liable for any damage, and will ask if you would like to replace the glass.
- 3.2 All repairs are attempted repairs and no certainty of success can be given prior to undertaking work due to the nature of the materials involved. Please note that we do not guarantee that the attempted repair to your windscreen will be successful in every case. Through no fault of our technicians, there is a risk of a crack appearing in the windscreen during the repair process and by ordering the services from us, you acknowledge this risk
- 3.2.1 You accept that following completion of a repair, some damage to the windscreen may still be visible. Our aim is to contain the damage and restore the original strength of the windscreen only.
- 3.3 Should you be unhappy with the visibility of the repair we will offer to replace the glass and provide a quotation for our services.
- 3.4 Should the metal framework be corroded we reserve the right to refuse to fit replacement glass for safety reasons.
- 3.5 Should damage to the vehicle (damage to bits other than the glass and frame, like if the paint-work got scratched or the bonnet dented for example) occur during replacement or fitting we will endeavour to arrange repair at no cost to yourself. Should you undertake repair work without our consent we are not obliged to pay the costs incurred.
- 3.6 In some instances your windscreen will need a new moulding at the same time as the installation. Our engineers will inform you whether this will be necessary, in which case an additional charge may be incurred.
- 3.7 Drive-away times for adhesives range from 1-3 hours. This depends on the type and quantity used, as well as factors beyond our control such as ambient temperature and weather conditions. We accept no liability if you will start to drive your vehicle before the drive-away time.
- 3.8 A full check of your vehicle for existing damage will be undertaken prior to starting work. It is not our legal obligation to correct such damage.
- 3.9 We accept no responsibility for issues arising outside of our control. This includes but is not limited to: death, serious injury, trauma, loss of earnings, travel delays.
- 3.10 Please note that where a window becomes damaged, it may cause damage to other parts of your vehicle. Such damage may not be visible or known to us at the time of carrying out the services and, we will not be responsible for or, accept any liability for carrying out such repairs or the re-setting of technical equipment (motors in doors, rain sensors, light sensors, wiper motors etc).
- 3.11 If we remove your vehicle glass to allow a repair to another part of your vehicle and refit your original vehicle glass, this will not form part of the guarantee we provide on the replacement of vehicle glass.
- 4.1 All of our technicians endeavour to provide the highest possible levels of customer service. Should you have a query our complaint about the service you have received please get in touch with our team at your earliest convenience.
- 5.1 We provide a free 12 month warranty with every job which is subject to the following constraints:
a) Any defect you report after our repair or replacement work must be reported whilst you still own or are authorised to drive the vehicle.
b) You understand that it is your responsibility to take steps to minimise the impact of the defect and to contact us to arrange an inspection as quickly as practically possible. The warranty does not cover damage incurred after the defect has been identified.
c) The warranty applies solely to our workmanship and to specifically to the parts themselves that we are fitting.
d) We are under no obligation to pay for work you have had carried out by a third party without our prior written consent.